The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Check engine light ?

Hondakiller

Ok the check engine light dose not come on when you first start the car. It will come on a little after the engine is started.
If you roll the throttle and at about 4k rpm the check engine light go's out and the car start to pull harder. Another thing it is doing. say your doing 40 mph in 4th gear rpm is at like 2k and steady. The motor will sputter. I'v looked over all the vacuum and ever thing seems in order. anyone have anyone ideals of what it might be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

SouthCaliVR4

It's probably because it's setting ohh... I dunno, a code. try reading the codes & see what it actually is rather than playing lets guess the possibilities via the interwebs.

SouthCaliVR4

Vfaq has a method for a test light or go to a shop with a compatible scanner & have them check codes it will cost less & save frustration in the long run. if all you wanted was a code read I'd only charge about forty bux to the Joe off the street.

SouthCaliVR4

Also you may wish to pull down the ecu & check the caps for leakage. see sticky, top of newbies section.

dsm10o0

Here a how to on how to check for codes i did awhile back.

click

Hondakiller

See the problem is the check engine light dose not come on when you first start the car. It comes on when you are driving it down the road. then it will turn off for a fem miles. then come back on.

my check engine light is set to notify me when my car sees any knock. Could your car do this.

And that sputtering is probably your bov leaking boost under load.

We need more info, is your car modded?

Hondakiller

It's mainly stock. I put a 16g, greddy turbo timer, scanmaster 3, FIAV block off plate, and a hbc boost controller. Update: forgot half size rad. I put a new head and all new timing parts on it.

Last edited:

Hondakiller

Sorry forgot to say. I noticed that the check engine light is only coming on during the day. when it like 90 degree out. The engine is not running hot or overheating. When it is cool out like 75 degree it love it no check engine light runs like a brand new car. I thank it just has a mind of its own. I have other plans for the car just hope it holds up for the time being. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BpuVR4

sorry for bringing up old thread, but anything get resolved from this by chance?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts