The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CFT VR4 new project --VIDEO--MORE PICS-- UPDATE

Rolo,
I've got a set of Evo 8 Enkei rims for sale. Best bang for the buck 17" wheel out there right now. They're guaranteed to clear the brakes for sure. You're somewhat local & we could work something out on the price.

rlturbo35

No , New turbo came in today, really nice turbo , turbonetics ceramic ball bearing To4/T3 but big T72 comp housing and wheel , TURBINE WHEEL f-1 68 trim , euro .84 turbine housing divided with a 4 inch v-band clamp coming out from the housing , i'm gonna dyno the car thursday and try go tested on the 1/8 mile track in south orlando , we have an event to run in commerce , georgia this weekend , i will put the video of the dyno and the videos from what ever happened in the testing at the track , thanks Rolo....

I am having aerospace brakes make the front and rear for my GVR4 project next week . They are very light. I am also building a drag car. They are $1400 for the front and rear. Not sure what your budget is. Good luck!!

rlturbo35

update the cft galant vr4 ran 9.97 at 141 in orlando speedworld tonight , the new turbo from turbonetics works awesome little by little , we expect to run in commerce , ga on sunday .
We hope to see the 9.5s lets see!!!!!!

Later Rolo from www.tunedbycft.com

Awesome time, at the rate you guys are going looks like i will be chasing you instead of Mr. Wilson. Good luck at breaking the record!

rlturbo35

yes still the standard gear box with some minor mods, and still no nitrous, we just change the turbo for the new t04 / t3 that MR Greg Orlando from turbonetics and myself desing!!!! still under research we barely run with 35 psi still 15 more pounds to put in!!!! and nitrous plus still heavy 3060!!!!we dyno 780 hp !!!!! lets see i'm all pump out about the car , thanks for the help and support guys , later Rolo from www.tunedbycft.com

GIjoe

holy $hit. that car is badass!

Woody

Sounds like you dont need that nos, lets get some more recent pics of the car and the turbo setup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

NateCrisman

It can always use nitrous. ALWAYS! Not like it magically stops working at 9.99. 100shot would make that same pass into about 9.60 @ 148, which would kick even more ass.

good work guys, I'm sure you'll have the record soon. Keep on on the progress reports.

4thStroke

It was nice to see it Turbotrix for the BBQ, I wasnt expecting the massive turbo when I first walked up to it. I talked to one of the CFT guys, not sure which one, really cool to talk with. I asked him if he was on this website, he wasnt at the time. Glad to see you made it over here!

Keep up the good work!

rlturbo35

updated , we win the event at Reynolds , Georgia , Import Showdown in the top category, even that we don't run the way we want to , a win is win !!!!!! Thanks for your support Rolo from www.tunedbycft.com

rlturbo35

i,m working on a new video , soon we will have pics, Thanks Rolo...

rlturbo35

We win last import face off in bradenton , here's the finals and the video we went 10.13 on the last pass enjoy and thanks for the support!!!! Rolo from www.tunedbycft.com

click video

Nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
That run was against a local, Charles & his S2k with a 2jz. Looks like the awd launch caught him by surprise, good job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. That S2k is a low 9 sec car & as Charles gets used to it he should be in the 8's.

rlturbo35

We are doing some changes to my car , it will be tested next wednesday again in orlando , i need to be a little bit faster to be more competitive in the class , so we decide to put a bigger turbo and the spray for next wednesday , let's see how fast can we go next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif, later Rolo...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned