The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Centre Gauge Pods

JspecVR4

I'm from Australia and I have recently acquired a jdm galant vr4. It is a 1990 and is in pretty rough condition. The centre part above the air vents where US galants would have the badge number has been ripped out and it looks ugly. I am thinking of putting dual gauge pods there at some point to cover the bear plastic. I'm wondering, does anyone know where to get them or do people just make them, themselves?

Here are some examples i saw on here.
1656844703458.png
1656844720065.png
1656844745484.png

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I think some have made their own, but the factory piece came from the GS Galant (IIRC) that had the funky electronic suspension. That pod has something instruments or something in it.

JspecVR4

Thanks for the reply iceman. I couldn't find the factory piece you were talking about.

I'm thinking of just buying a universal one with similar dimensions to what I need and modifying it.

yubh8tn

Here's a write-up thread I dug up for you, it's called the ECS pod. I suppose that stands for Electronically Controlled Suspension, as Iceman said. It looks to be some sort of control/monitor unit. Pretty nifty. The only problem is availability. Definitely a hard to find piece

Last edited:

JspecVR4

Here's a write-up thread I dug up for you, it's called the ECS pod. I suppose that stands for Electronically Controlled Suspension, as Iceman said. It looks to be some sort of control/monitor unit. Pretty nifty. The only problem is availability. Definitely a hard to find piece

Thanks for that thread.

Turns out universal dual gauges seem to have pretty similar dimensions to the centre part of the dash. Of course, I won't know how well it will fit until I receive it though.

I found this one on ali express, there's a few other similar ones on ebay as well.

1657964571604.png

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts