The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CEL 24 and 42

dlesser

Hello,

Trying to figure this one out but I keep hitting deadends.

My 1990 Galant GSX has the CEL on and it has two codes.

Code 24 for the VSS
Code 42 for the Fuel Pump

The car drives fairly decently with only a missfire or two that I blamed on crud in the bottom of the fuel tank. As soon as I added more fuel and some injector cleaner the miss fires went away.

I have replaced the instrument cluster with a new one. That should have fixed the code 24 but it came back after a few days of driving. I could have a bad one in the used cluster I purchased....
I was told to check ECU pin 13 for 12v when the fuel pump is on. The theory is, no 12v on ECU pin 13 will cause a CEL code 42.

Anyone have an additional ideas? Can a vac leak cause 24 or 42?

Thanks!

dlesser

Rebuilding the TB since it needed to be done. Probably won't help with the CEL but atleast I will know the TB is not causing an issue.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts