The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cardone CV Drive Axles 66-3102 fitting issue

Gtpdz

I wonder anyone have bought this axle for the front passenger side? Although most of the site states it's a direct fit I found out it is too long... can't bolt the hub to the strut after axle is in the way.

Link to the part

After I took it off I compare it to the stock one, it's about half an inch longer when both are fully compressed.

holeshotmoe

Not sure if you're familiar with, but are you sure its fully inserted in the transmission? The retaining clip on the end has to compress when installed and you will feel it "click" into place when fully inserted.

Gtpdz

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
your need this part number....

Cardone Part Number: 66-3375

http://www.cardone.com/Products/Product-Detail?productId=663375&p=rock

Thanks for the reply but I think this is for the driver's side, which I also have but haven't try the fitment yet. The 3102 is for the passenger side and that's what gives me problem right now.

Quoting holeshotmoe:
Not sure if you're familiar with, but are you sure its fully inserted in the transmission? The retaining clip on the end has to compress when installed and you will feel it "click" into place when fully inserted.

I'm sure it's inserted in all the way, I push the shaft in, force it a little bit than hear a click and it went all the way in. And when I look at where it mates the transmission the axle cup end is pretty much flush with the seal

And when I took both the new and old one off(passenger side) and compress them to the shortest possible length, the 3102 is definitely longer.

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

I'm surprised a 1/2 inch difference from fully compressed would prevent installation, considering the axle needs to be able to give (lengthwise) a little to accommodate engine-to-steering knuckle relation during flight

Fish

You might make sure the inner joint didn't separate inside the boot. Make sure it compresses easily when you push it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned