The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car Shaking

MoparDSM

Replaced entire control arm and cv, rotated the tires, and this is still happening at any speed. Seems to be originating from the front passenger side. I think it is an alignment issue, but is there anything beyond that it could be and that I should be checking?

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated.

AnotherNewb

Broken belt in a tire/tires? Severly warped rotors or sticking caliper?

Olson

scared car?

14u2nV

Have an alignment done. That will either fix it or tell you what is wrong.

MoparDSM

Quoting Olson:
scared car?

bahaha, probably

I forgot to mention that the car was parked about a year ago. Before it was parked it was running beautifully, just not braking beautifully. So we fixed the brake lines and it was after we did this that we noticed the issue. This was when he did the control arms/sway bar end link/rotated the tires and noticed he still had the problem.

This makes me skeptical of a bent rim.

I'm thinking the tires might have an issue we aren't seeing from sitting.

During this issue our temp tags expired so we're going to have to sort out the gas tank and get it towed to emissions before we can get it to have an alignment done.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll post up whatever the issue actually is when we find out.

alansupra94

Easy way to check the tire is to take it to get balanced and ask them just to spin it. It is easy to tell when the wheel/tire is screwed up during a speed balance.

Did you check the calipers/rotors to see if they were warped/frozen?

conquesttsi

I'll have to try that balancing. Calipers and rotors are ok. Car started in with a bad fuel leak at the tank so it's going to be down for the season while I fab up a fuel cell install. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Terry Posten

Flat spot in tire from sitting? Sometimes you can't see the issue and it only happens when a load is on the tire and it is spinning on the ground.

Lightning1

Yeah, after sitting, the same happened to my car, flat spots on the tires

stealthtt24

Why not change the wheels out? Put the suspected bad rim in the rear and put a known good one on the front passenger side. If it goes away you know its a tire/rim issue.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned