The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can't find a direct answer to FMIC question

EfiniX

Thanks for taking my jab in good humor. I can certainly see how a larger frame would work for you. I'm 6'4" and the SV is about as small as I can comfortably go. And that's only on the street model. The sport version had me fetal.

As for him, yeah, I can see where the assumption comes from. And you could be right. That being said, there's just not enough VR4's left to let anyone feel unaccepted or excluded. If he's short on ends, yet still focused on getting the car better instead of parted-out, well we should support that in whatever form it takes.

Quoting ktmrider:
Quoting EfiniX:
Well that's a little over the top. Maybe he's into the shadetree mechanic thing. Maybe he just like the project. Maybe he doesn't want to spend $900 on the kit and so what if he doesn't have or want to spend the money.

At least he's not parting it out, right?

My guess is that he's just trying to find the best of both worlds. I would agree that rarely works the way you want, but as a KTM rider, you probably knew that already.

Fair enough but reading his first post ( Want to buy a FMIC and keep my AC ) and being a relative new member I made an assumption it was more money than ability. And we all know how most of these "mods" end, they ultimately spend more money/time than an ETS kit would have "cost" them. How much is your time worth to you?!?

On the KTM I/we ride them because they fit our frame better. Definitely NOT a cost thing, way more expensive than Japanese models. I'm 6'6", most Japanese bikes are sized at best to 6' only.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned