The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Camber plate and EVO spring fitment

Gtpdz

I have looked at different camber plate options, wondering if anyone running it with EVO springs and structs? Does it have any clearance issue with the inner strut well if running some negative camber?

Thanks

prove_it

I used the TEIN GVR4 camber plates with the EVO struts and springs. No issues except the ride height is a bit taller with the Camber plates.

prove_it

When I first put the plates on with the evo suspension, the front sat noticeably higher. That's even with robispec springs on the front stock evo on the rear. So I cut about 3/4 of a coil on the front robispec.

I suspect better lowering springs would be, well better. The robispec spring drop an even 1.2in. So finding springs like Swift where the front is 1.8 and 1.0 rear, would be best.

Gtpdz

hmm how much higher? I am planning to have the car sit level to the ground, I looked at their blue print the front wheel well is more offset towards the top compare to the rear, so I guess I should have a bigger wheel well gap up front than rear...

prove_it

I think it was around 5-10mm. Not a lot, but it's there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned