The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cam vs battery acid

bcjjones

I basically had some parts laying on a tarp including my battery and cams. One way or another the battery got knocked over (cough cough wife). And the battery acid ended up on my fp2's. Its on the exhaust cam on the end opposite of the cam gear.

Ruined or useable?

James

Losing a good set of cams sucks. But I don't think I would risk running them. A broken cam can do some work on a Motor

bcjjones

Do you think it would actually break? My only concern is if it would mess up how it rotates? It melted through about a 1/4 of the end on one side only...just enough to flatten it out some

EHmotorsports

You have pressures coming from the valve train that will snap maybe 50miles or 5 seconds of running. But the cam NEEDs that support on the end.

Last edited:

bcjjones

I hate to just throw them away, how dumb would it be to run an fp2 intake with a stock exhaust cam?

EHmotorsports

You may be able to have a cam rebuilder weld and machine it back to spec. Delta cams come to mind. But I am no cam grinder so you would have to call them and find out.

tektic

cams can be purchased separately. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

TylerAdamson

These cams are discontinued. I would call FP and talk to Scott. He'll give you good direction.

Lightning1

FP2 exhaust cams are at extremepsi.com for 289 for the exhaust, one of the only cams they have left. It says they are in stock still, might want to grab it while you can.

prove_it

That sucks. Yea I'd say that cam is done. Better get some "compensation" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif from the wife for that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned