The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cam Questions

MitsuDriver274

So I may have made the mistake of buying a part before researching more into the matter. I picked up a set of Brian Crower 272's for 370 Shipped. Should have I gone with HKS bump sticks? I read somewhere out on the outerweb that the BC cams make more power, but I yet have to find and data on the fact.

alansupra94

Looks like Webber camshafts basically suck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am going to double check what exactly was in my car again. From my research, I know they are regrinds.

MitsuDriver274

From those who have experience with em, how are they for a daily driver? I'm worried i'm going to have a hard time keeping it to idle.

Boostdtalon

if they are BC 272's than you wont have an issue with idle. I've seen them on a couple of DSM's and Evo's; all of them were daily driven cars.

AnotherNewb

Quoting alansupra94:
Looks like Webber camshafts basically suck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am going to double check what exactly was in my car again. From my research, I know they are regrinds.

Does anyone have any problems with the regrinds? They seem cheap enough, but most of the time you get what you pay for. I know that the bottom of the lobe is cut but will the lash adjuster make up for that and what about the opening and closing events? Does anyone have a set that they can measure and compair to a NEW set? JW

Olson

Quoting The_Big_Weave:
I have BC 272s and I dont have a problem with Idle.

LOL I have 280s and it idles fine lol ... like a camed I4

H05TYL

Quoting AnotherNewb:

Does anyone have any problems with the regrinds? They seem cheap enough, but most of the time you get what you pay for. I know that the bottom of the lobe is cut but will the lash adjuster make up for that and what about the opening and closing events? Does anyone have a set that they can measure and compair to a NEW set? JW

Nothing wrong with regrinds, I've got them in my car, the most commonly stated reason for not using them (surface hardness being removed causing them to wear excessively quickly) isn't an issue with our roller cam follower setup.

I'm not sure how much extra extension the lash adjusters have to cope with the reduced height "closed" portion of the cam lobe - Ideally you'd fit small shims under the lifters equal to the amount of material removed from the "closed" portion of the lobe - I haven't done this on my car and the rockers still seem to be held tightly to the cam. I haven't really driven the car in anger yet, so perhaps time will tell.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts