The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Built Evo 8 : PT6766 or PT7175 turbo?

Specter

My friend here is building his evo 8, he has already imported a totally built head and block from USA which has costed him a lot of $$$$$ and is waiting for his drivetrain parts. The next thing he has to order is his turbo and manifold. His goals for his evo are around 900hp-1000hp mark.

My impression of this forum is very very high considering the technicalties members talk about here. Therefore, i thought its worthwhile discussing this with you guys.

The PT6766 turbo has both twin scroll and single scroll option while the PT7175 is only single scroll. He is confused if he should go for a T3 or a T4, whether twinscroll PT6766 would be better or the single scroll PT7175. His goal, as one would assume from such a high hp car, is drag. We are not sure when the PT7175 will be spooling. The motor can rev upto 12000-13000rpms. However for now we are wondering how the car will perform till 9500 rpms.

So what are our options? Is the PT7175 the best way? Or twin scroll PT6766 would be better? This question also leads to a discussion of twin scroll vs single scroll. What if the housing of twinscroll is changed to give more topend? Would the PT7175 spool very late compared to the PT6766 but give a very high powered top end?

Kindly dicuss. Your comments, suggestions, theories, opinions matters.

Specter

I have also heard about a hybrid setup, running a twin scroll manifold and a single scroll PT7175 turbo. I would like your opinions on this too..though i dont see how it can benefit.

gaylantvr4

if you are all ready going that big i would suggest a gtx 4202. They seem to be doing really well.

alansupra94

Supraforums was just discussing this:

click

Not sure how this applies to a 2L but figured it could at least give you some insight.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts