The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Building a forward facing Turbo Manifold

slugsgomoo

Did you consider running it as a top mount? Given your mockup & turbo positioning, it seems like it would be easier to get longer runners (and equal length) if you were to drop the tubes down and then come back up to the turbine housing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Just a thought.

The flange looks pretty slick and I had to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif at the name.

Quoting jepherz:
That is a baller flange! How much would he make one of those for?

Thanks. As far as making them, this part would cost alot because it was a complete billet piece. AMS sells a cast part that would do the job just fine.

click

The reason we did not go that route is because my brother loves to CNC stuff, and he wanted to try some new stuff out on the mill, so we were like hell ya lets do it.

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Did you consider running it as a top mount? Given your mockup & turbo positioning, it seems like it would be easier to get longer runners (and equal length) if you were to drop the tubes down and then come back up to the turbine housing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Just a thought.

The flange looks pretty slick and I had to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif at the name.

Ya, we are looking at all kinds of options for mounting this thing. That is why right now it is just Zip Ties /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and Blue Tape FTW!. The hard part with the Galant is there is not very much vertical clearance and not much space between the radiator support and the head. Plus I still need to have a wastegate and a full 3in exhaust up in there. So space is very tight and it just makes things a little interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

im very offended by "prison rape" because of the show seventh heaven .

i would be appreciative if you would re brand your exhaust flange with "surprise sex". its simply more politically correct.

seriously that is bad azp. have you considered converting the entire grill part into a filter? i guess you wont see the shweet turbo..

GOOD JOB!

bustedsm

Very impressive, sounds awesome. Is it hooked up to a full exhaust, if so get a sound clip of the back of the car.

strokin4dr

Looks great, glad to see it getting finshed. Can't wait to see the final result.

+1 for doing something different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

curtis

I likes alot.....BUT

Do not put your hand near that MF again....Insert picture of our boy after the turbo ate his middle finger.....I'll see if I can find said picture...

strokin4dr

Yeah, I got chills when he reached it front of the turbo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Here's the pic Curtis is referring to:

Last edited:

Woody

Thats one of the mods i was gonna do if i was going to keep my car, love how it came out but you should make the oil return alittle better.

Quoting strokin4dr:
Yeah, I got chills when he reached it front of the turbo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Here's the pic Curtis is referring to:

LOL first thing I thought also when I saw your hand in front of the turbo.. Nice work..

Quoting woody:
Thats one of the mods i was gonna do if i was going to keep my car, love how it came out but you should make the oil return alittle better.

Yep I need to modify it to shrink it down. I figured I would go longer and I could shrink it later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I will keep posting updates. I figured I have about 3-4 weeks until I am 100% running and all good. I still need to do a new intercooler, and radiator. We are running all -20an for the radiator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

464/2K

I'm hoping that by next year I'll join you with a forward facing mani.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts