The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build Thread for 747/2000

Snook1345

Picked up 747 about a year and a half ago and since then have been hoarding parts to build it. (original sale post Link)

I finally have reached the point where i can begin to install everything that I have and see what breaks first.

As it sits, the car currently has 144k on the odometer and the motor is tired.

The trans seems okay and still shifts good, so i think i will just install a clutch for now.

Has Evo 8 Seats (courtesy of Mike Gombos), Evo III 16g, Turbo back, bc coilovers, xxrs, supra fuel pump

I started a few months ago by sourcing a 4 bolt rear end from Performance Partout.

Had new rear end installed, new axles, new bearings and bushings

Here is a parts list of what i have ready to go on the car

BBS LM F1 Championship Edition 17x9+35
werapped in Kuhmo Ecsta v720 tires
5 Lug Swap w all new bearings and seals
New F/R Rotors
New F/R Calipers/Pads
Extended Studs/Open End Lug Nuts
Threespeed Harness Bar
Fuel Pump Rewire
Aem Gauges (bought an extra D/side a pillar so i didnt have to hack my oem)
Momo Comp Steering Wheel
NRG Hub/ Quick Release
ETS FMIC
Cyclone Intake Manifold
CMP full turbo back
New Radiator w fans
ACT 2600
Crower Cams Stage 2 272/272
ARP L19 Head Stud Kit
Fidanza Adjustable Cam Gears
Topline Revised Lifters
Cometic StreetPro Gasket Kit
Gates Economy Timing Belt Kit
Manley Valve Spring & Retainer Kit
FIC 850cc Fuel Injectors

The motor is currently apart and about to go back together once a few more things arrive.

Still Need to get

DSM Link waiting to see if i can find an ETS intake

As i do stuff i will try to take pictures and update as much as possible

Rrohde84

I see in the original for sale post that your car has thermal exhaust/muffler. do you plan on keeping it or any have information on it. I want to go with thermal exhaust on my car

Nebraska

Damn, looks like you have a NICE list of parts. Saw the link, and you have JDM goodies. I think I hate you.

Snook1345

Just got word that the motor should be done this week so that is a win.

Today it rained it ass off here in MD but i got done what i could under my pop up tent.

My goal was to get the ABS Delete done and get ready to do the 5 Lug swap and install new brake parts.

Was going through my parts and "test" fit the BLOX extended studs that i ordered from JNZ.
they didn't fit at all, after looking on the website and emailing them, "some products may need to be spot welded" applied to me
which i found a little misleading because most of the stuff that they have on their site is pretty specific fitment for our cars.

Didn't sweat it, got the RMA and ordered ARP ones from extreme PSI, lesson learns.

I used the How to for ABS Removal on here link and skipped the stainless steel line brake line install because i had done that previously. After about ten minutes of messing around with all the 10mm wrenches I had, I went to lowes and bought a set of line wrenches

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Pull the ABS fuse from the box on the positive battery cable.

Snook1345

Ok so it has been a busy week with work for me but i have been trying to do a little bit everyday.

The 2 front hubs are swapped out with all new brake parts and extended studs on

I have the next two days off so getting the rears done should be no problem

The LMs got through customs and are finally in the states and motor is just about done =)

Goal by tuesday is to be able to drive the car again with the new brakes and 5 lug swap

If I get the rears done tomorrow and the hubs dont give me much trouble (doubtful) I am going to try to remove the cruise control tuesday.

Last edited:

Snook1345

Just a quick update:

got all of the gauges mounted where i want them and wires ran and connected, getting ready to pull the motor hopefully early next week (weather dependent)

had to throw the bbs on just to take a peak and see how it would look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

img.php

Let me know what you guys think! hopefully get some more stuff cleaned up/done this weekend

COVR4355

Looking NICE!!!
Love the build and the gold-BBS wheels are gorgeous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
What are the specs on your tire + wheel setup?
Keep it coming!

Snook1345

thanks man

the wheels are 17x8 +35 in the front and 17x9 +35 in the back

all the same tires to keep the rolling diameter the same (so i could run stagger, wheels are hard to find, not patient enough to wait for a squared set in this good of shape)

tires are Kuhmo Ecsta v720 245/40/17

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice furniture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Snook1345

Motor is bolted in (well almost)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

the rear mount that rock auto sent me was wayy to tall and after looking at a couple threads, i didnt even attempt to try to make it fit.

It really gets ridiculous because like a complete idiot, the night before I had tossed the old ones in a trashcan, that had mistakenly got taken out,
and the trash got collected that day. lol if you couldnt follow that, im an idiot and my stock mount is gone forever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

That being said, the other three mounts are in and tight and the motor is no longer is my living room.

Work week is pretty busy so I probably wont get another chance to work on the car until Mon/Tues so hopefully in a week or two I can try to crank it over.

Snook1345

damn! cant believe i started this process this long ago...i thought it would take 1 month maybe two and here i am rushing and rushing to get this thing done before it snows.

try to do a little bit everyday, with one of my buddies being a huge help on off days.

should be able to attempt the first start sun/mon depending on weather here

img.php

Snook1345

ALAS! yesterday in between the raindrops i chunked the galant onto a trailer and dropped it off at the shop.

Need to adjust the clutch pedal and go over the car on the lift one more time and then throw here on the rollers.

Hoping to make similar power to my Evo x, 350+ is the goal.

Will post video =)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts