The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build thread for 504/1000

bobdole

I like. My sister car looks good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

manikbastrd

I haven't updated my thread in a while, so I figured I would do so...With a few pictures!

Swapped over a black powdercoated valve cover when I was putting in a new VC gasket, put in a CMP 3" Catless Exhaust, FP manifold, freshly rebuilt E316G (much thanks to Bell turbo), boost controller, Injen Intake, 2g Maf, Competition Stage 3 clutch kit (ceramic not kevlar), and put my new wheels on! I still need to build a cold air box and I am going to pull the trans back out to shim the clutch pivot ball (this weekend before Import Face off). Also found a random piece of glass in my oil pan when doing the seal (wtf) and painted my window trim. I also have amber corners and 93 Headlights on the way!

On a side note, I need to adjust my GCs...or just buy some True coilovers off of Bobdole...

Now for the part everyone actually cares about...

Jesus_Negros

This year has been very motivational for me. I've seen 4 clean ass gvr4's done right in the last 2 months.
Dang the wheels do go well with the car. This car is so clean I saw it a few weeks ago and seen it in action. Derek it's funny that old exhaust is still sitting outside lol.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
This year has been very motivational for me. I've seen 4 clean ass gvr4's done right in the last 2 months.

What 4 builds would that be?

Quoting manikbastrd:

Had to get a little creative on the mounting for the fuseblock and starter cable...

Manik, I think I would figure out another solution for mounting the fuse block if I were you. That looks like a short to ground waiting to happen. I would try and make a bracket that actually holds the plastic cover on the fuse block. What are you insulating that with?

Jesus_Negros

James Foster, Manikbastrd, ghostingvr4, in some guy who forum name I dont know. He lives in Long Beach though.

Last edited by a moderator:

minneSNOWta

Hey manik, nice build. Can you take a pic of how you routed your BOV recirc hose? I asked Robert to relocate the flange for me on the kit because it was in such a bad spot at the stock location. You posted in my thread and are similarly using a GReddy BOV, 2G Dejon intake, and ETS like myself. Would be nice to see how you did it. I'm having a hard time finding a hose that's flexible enough to do an "S" bend in such a tight spot. Tried stainless flexible radiator hose and the wire supported hoses, but nothing. Only Home Depot spa hose can make the bend I want, but I don't trust the thin walls against puncturing. Been considering getting a hard pipe fabbed up or turning my BOV around and routing the long way. Thanks.

manikbastrd

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Quoting Turbro_Negro:

What 4 builds would that be?

Quoting manikbastrd:

Had to get a little creative on the mounting for the fuseblock and starter cable...

Manik, I think I would figure out another solution for mounting the fuse block if I were you. That looks like a short to ground waiting to happen. I would try and make a bracket that actually holds the plastic cover on the fuse block. What are you insulating that with?

Thanks for the support TNegro. GSTWithPSI, I have since changed that. I only did it as a temporary fix. I built a new mounting block that utilizes non-conducting material and has much more space to prevent arcing.

manikbastrd

Quoting minneSNOWta:
Hey manik, nice build. Can you take a pic of how you routed your BOV recirc hose? I asked Robert to relocate the flange for me on the kit because it was in such a bad spot at the stock location. You posted in my thread and are similarly using a GReddy BOV, 2G Dejon intake, and ETS like myself. Would be nice to see how you did it. I'm having a hard time finding a hose that's flexible enough to do an "S" bend in such a tight spot. Tried stainless flexible radiator hose and the wire supported hoses, but nothing. Only Home Depot spa hose can make the bend I want, but I don't trust the thin walls against puncturing. Been considering getting a hard pipe fabbed up or turning my BOV around and routing the long way. Thanks.

Well, Originally I had a dejon shorty 2g intake, and with that I used the stock hose and a chunk of rad hose I had laying around. The stock hose got the Recirc up and over the intake and the second section made the bend back to the Recirc flange. Unfortunately I thought this looked terrible and was a really long path for the recirc charge.

Currently, I have a modified Injen intake that has the recirc tube much closer to the ETS BOV location, so I used a small section of hose to do it. As far as your setup goes, I would recommend modifying your intake tube recirc location or having that hard pipe fabbed up. The shortest route is almost always the best IMHO. If that is not an option, I liked the idea of using braided stainless line as a recirc line. I don't like the idea of having the hose be too flexible because it ends up getting kinked and not flowing properly.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Clean, clean car. Nice find and nice progress.

I think the GC's are good, problem is finding good shocks. It'd be cool to freshen up some evo 8/9 bilsteins and slip those GC's on (pending things are copacetic there). If i did it again and i wasn't looking to spend big $ that'd probably be the direction for me.

manikbastrd

Got my 93 headlights in. Ran into a problem with the amber corners. The stupid pigtail end is different for the ambers...grrrrrr...Also broke my rear axle, looking to get a 4bolt rear with sway bar and poly bushings from TheDSMGuy...Hopefully this week and going in this weekend. For now here is a pic!

manikbastrd

So that brand new set of BCs that just sold...yeah I bought them. I don't mind the GCs but I am excited to have true Coilovers. Also, since I broke an axle a few weeks ago (since replaced) I decided that a 4 bolt was in order. Got the diff, cleaned it up and just need to install it...this weekend perhaps? I also got my 93 headlights and amber corners installed. I am very happy with how the car is coming together. I wish I knew how to tune because that is the one thing that is holding me back right now. I just have a very basic street tune on her right now. Either way, here are some pics!
Took her top off to clean and paint

Painted and back together

New lights

Jesus_Negros

Ever find that money I lost at your house?

manikbastrd

Parts are arriving hehehe, looks like all my being poor for the last 2 weeks will finally pay off. New brakes on all four corners. Brembo OEM replacements and EBC Yellowstuff to go with the stainless lines.

Last edited:

manikbastrd

Just got home to a bunch more parts!

EBC Yellowstuff pads
Energy Rear Control arm bushings
Whiteline Rear Sway links
Whiteline Rear Stub Axle Bushings
EH Motorsports Short Shifter

manikbastrd

Installed Brembo Rotors and EBC yellowstuff pads. Definite Improvement over stock, but overall I am not super impressed. I think I need to splurge on a bigger brake package...Maybe Wilwoods on all four corners is in my future...
New pics today after work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts