The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

breaking up

Well, I figured I just needed a new set of plugs but that didn't fix the problem.

My car breaks up pretty bad at partial throttle. At WOT its not as bad, but you can feel it.

ECU chip'd for 560s
560s
2g MAS
255 pump
SAFC2
new plugs
newer 8mm wires
new BPR7es.

I'm going to test the coil in a bit.

Whoodoo

That would be my best guess too. A few years ago the formula car was breaking up real bad. Turned out to be loose wires for spark signal from the ecu. My camaro did the same because of a shoddy coil. Hey, maybe its just giving you a reason to get a sick new ignition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

please excuse me, i am not exactly sure what breaking up means but if you are referring to acceleration hesitation and bucking - check your intake pipes for leaks and your O2 sensor.

Quoting chicagoboostin:
Well, I figured I just needed a new set of plugs but that didn't fix the problem.

My car breaks up pretty bad at partial throttle. At WOT its not as bad, but you can feel it.

ECU chip'd for 560s
560s
2g MAS
255 pump
SAFC2
new plugs
newer 8mm wires
new BPR7es.

I'm going to test the coil in a bit.

steve

You mentioned that the ECU was chipped for 560's, and you have 560's, but you also mention that you're running a 2G MAS. Is the ECU chipped for that? Might not be related to this issue but it stood out in your post.

Whoodoo

Just noticed you were having troubles with idle as well (you have a slightly older thread in the tech section). Are you still having idle issues? If so these two issues might be related.

Whoa forgot about this thread. Maybe they should be merged? The new plugs have seemed to fix this issue. And yes the ecu is chipped for the 2g mas as well.
thank you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts