The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Braided fuel lines to replace hard lines

socalgvr4

I've been told that many people have replaced the hard fuel lines with braided ones that run along the side of the car.

Also that there is a pre-fab kit available for the VR4. I did a search and couldnt come up with it.

Anyone know where to get this kit?

cheekychimp

I'm sure lots of places do a kit of some sorts, so it is probably worth shopping around. FFWD Connection does a kit here? At $555.00 it is pretty expensive but it does include a filter, modified fuel rail (with integrated AFPR), mounting clips/brackets and all the required hose and fittings.

Remember that depending upon how much of the hard line you are intending to replace you are either going to need an aftermarket filter or fittings to mate the OEM filter with the -AN fittings. Same goes with the fuel rail and fuel pump assembly. If you are upgrading your fuel system you will need an AFPR as well and more fittings to install that. Anyway you look at it, it isn't going to be cheap but I am sure you can do better than $555.00.

It really depends upon whether you want true plug and play or if you are willing to shop around and get extra fittings/adapters etc to make it work and save yourself a few bucks here and there.

Last edited:

the factory lines are just about the same inside diameter as -6an hose. unless your stock lines are rusted away id leave them alone or go to -8an.

Struc

Unless you have a real need, I'd save the $100's it will cost you to do the whole length in braided.

My lines rusted, and I just replaced them this past summer.

Amazon Link to Moroso Fuel Line

This stuff is a bit larger than stock, but cheap enough to use and replace your fuel feed and return line.

Adorsey

If your using the line for fuel, you should look into PTFE coated line.
Can be found here click But just do some reading. get some background into it.

Quoting socalgvr4:
I've been told that many people have replaced the hard fuel lines with braided ones that run along the side of the car.

Also that there is a pre-fab kit available for the VR4. I did a search and couldnt come up with it.

Anyone know where to get this kit?

buy mine. its in the fs section.

a2vr4

Wow. edit. not sure why, but I was sure this was a thread about brake lines...
carry on... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
~Brian A. Moreno

Last edited:

i'm confused, are you upgrading your fuel system? or are the lines wasted?
if not, i say put the money to something else. a car that's close to two decades old will always need parts, don't worry there will be plent of things to work on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned