The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BOV Recirc Hose

donkeylips

I need one for a stock intake setup. Where can I get something that will work?

donkeylips

What do they have there? Like a 90 degree elbow or something?

ktmrider

I took the BOV nipple to my local auto parts store and combed thru the radiator hose selection til I found something that worked ( custom hose angle for E3 intake ).

You likely won't find plug n play but nothing a good set of hose cutters can't solve.

donkeylips

They had nothing at the last 2 auto parts stores I went to. I have an actual hose I can bring in, so I guess I'll try some more stores.

ktmrider

^^ Just to be sure I talked them into letting me in the back and started checking each one. Took 30 mins, no way they were going to do that themselves.

desant78

To connect the stock BPV and stock intake to complete the recir, there is an adapter that sits in the turbo intake where this "tube" attaches. Be sure that adapter is there, or else you will be dealing with two diameter ends.

That being said, I cut up a radiator hose from an early 90 honda civic, and it worked great.

Good luck!

James

My car came with a soft plastic crinkle hose. This was great until recently. I guess heat+air pressure punched a hole through it. I'm also looking for a good replacement now..

Till then... DUCTTAPE

Spyke169

Hose does a 180 degree and then a 90 degree bend? If that is the one I'm thinking of I'm almost positive I have one you can have. Problem is I'm on my way to annual training for the Reserves, won't be back untill the 24th. Let me know if that sounds like what you need and if you can wait until then.

donkeylips

Dayco 71277 with the end chopped off.
I guess I had to go to a store that actually had a decent inventory of hoses.
It's the lower rad hose for a subaru or something. Was $11 at autozone, $6.18 rockauto.

Spyke169

Still need it? PM me and I can text you pics tomorrow.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned