The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Boulder CO VR-4 sightings...

DeanCouchey

I owned 1778 back 14 years ago in NY, now I move out to Boulder and I see 2 different VR4's in 1 day! Both white, one with a JDM bumper and headlight set, the other looking so nice and sleek. Anyone of you on here? The JDM car was at Hazels, the other one was across the street by Trader Joes and Vitamin Shoppe. I'd love to meetup with you and talk about the cars.

LIV4PSI

I think the one with the JDM bumper is #5, and was previously owned by a member named Jake

Ralli380Gvr4

That was 380 at TJ's. I'm surprised I wasn't at Hazel's as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif....

I actually work for Trader Joe's and recently moved from NYC. Shoot me a PM, I would love to hit up a brewery and talk cars.

ktmrider

^^ Thought it might be you E altho I was under the impression you were heading to Denver.

Hope the move has gone well!

Ralli380Gvr4

Yeah, Boulder is where I call home now. It's been great. The move went good, also Betsy has been loving the snow. Definitely put her through the ultimate test the last month with all the snow and Daily Duties. But some of the terrain made me nervous about my ride height. So I ordered and recently received F&R skid plates from BobDole...been so busy opening up the store, I haven't had time to put them on. Also scheduled some Dyno/Tuning time for 3/18.

Did you end up selling the XT? I've still been on the look out for the perfect AWD daily for the Lady and stumbled upon this guy...

Not AWD but so so clean....the price is right, one owner. Stupid clean. Carfax checked out and I'm going for a test drive mañana. 21 mpg and tall van style. I'm thinking when she upgrades to AWD by next winter and after our wedding is paid off, this would be a nice sleeper project - 4g63 swap on Starion wheels. Something like this.

Anyone know where to find 4 lug Starions?

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Those are not starion wheels.

fuel

^^ what he said. They are Celica Supra XX rims, 14x7". Just go 5 lug and swap on widebody Starion rims anyway

Ralli380Gvr4

Quoting G:
Those are not starion wheels.

No wonder, that makes sense I was having trouble.... G, how much does a decent set of Celica-Supra wheels go for these days?

Other option would be Enkei's - Apache II's

snailspool

Good to see Betsy is treating you well Ethan! And on the subject of the Expo, I swear we have the same taste in cars! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ktmrider

Quoting snailspool:
Good to see Betsy is treating you well Ethan! And on the subject of the Expo, I swear we have the same taste in cars! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Was thinking the exact same thing. And you went to CO for your CSM even LOL.

I did sell the XT at the end of Dec, as always sad to see it go however the LGT that replaced it made the swap very bearable. Other than an ABS problem ( I think ) the LGT is rolling along great.

Ralli380Gvr4

Quoting snailspool:

Hey what's up Dave! Well the expo didn't seem as good of a deal until I saw how much oil and coolant were leaking from the motor. I test drove it and it was smooth but no dice. If it was AWD it be in the drive way right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned