The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

boost leaks

thecannoliman121

when my car is running. I have pre loaded the waste gate and the most boost I am getting out of my 16g is 5 pounds of boost. im wondering where to look for leaks. I have the tester. just looking for guidance if someone has any?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

AnotherNewb

Throttle body, intercooler pipes and couplers, turbo outlet pipe, injector seals, intake manifold are all common places they leak. When you put your tester on it should be obvious if you're loosing that much air. Don't rule out an exhaust leak. Cracked manifold or even a cracked turbine housing, especially around the waste gate flapper.

EfiniX

It shouldn't be too hard to find if you are only getting 5psi. my turbo (20g) was pushing 20psi and my tuner/mechanic (EHMotorsports) said it was leaking boost like a sieve from a dozen places.

BogusSVO

Fuel injector seals at the head is another common one. Along with the TB shaft seals.

If you do a BLT and the rad over flow bubbles, that is the FIAV seal shot.

Wrong/improper installed TB gaskets leak too.

Missing O ring on the compressor cover can be a huge leak.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts