The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bolting up an EVO 8 suspension...Need advice

4Grim

There is great info for those planning on using the EVO suspension on the GVR4's with these threads. I do have a question though that I haven't seen brought up regarding GVR4 specific coilovers (IE: Ground Controls) with the OEM EVO struts and shocks?

Will the GVR4 specific coilovers be able to slide over the EVO strut and shock body's? I am sure the struts/shocks heights are similar but how about the actual strut/shock body's? I am asking because I am contiplating the idea of using the EVO suspension, but would like to use my Ground Controls instead of the EVO springs.

Quote:
How did you weld? I've got some good advise for welding struts off some other people if it comes to that. However I hope it doesn't.

I made the conversion. and when you weld in the bushings. get a wet towel and make short stich welds. cooling down the weld and the strut with the rag in between.

the front springs i cut one coil. starting from the top of the spring. it all worked quite well. but i had problems with camber afterwards.

464/2K

black car has AGX/H&R setup, green has MR bilsteins/Tein H-tech springs.

Quote:
What I want is a full coilover kit not springs but everything for the vr4 is either realy pricey or no one can get them any more . I am looking for somthing like the tein ha's or the jic magic fla2.

VR4 full coil over kits are VERY expensive. Why don't you just get a second hand set of TEIN coilovers for Evo 1 - 3 then modify the bottom bush to fit? Easy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned