The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

blue smoke between shifts after ecm link

my galant only smokes between shifts when the throttle is opened after a gear change... the car does not smoke on cold start or at cruise or under load or on deceleration.. the motor is perfect and has 70k on it.. the car also has a new evo316g... the head is newer with about 20k on it so valve seals shouldnt be the issue especially since it doesnt smoke on start up and doesnt smoke all the time... could my issue be related to engine management? the car is untuned.. also replace the pcv valve... any new ideas would be really helpful thanks

Olson

You sure its not fuel its dumoing between shifts?

no its bluish grey and smells like oil smoke... i just put it on a lift at work and i can see oil seeping from around the band clamp in the middle of the turbo so im guessing its a turbo seal now.. super weak lol

alansupra94

Did you prime your turbo before putting it in? Also is it a real MHI EVO3 16G?

Launch

Turbo seal lol

fyi there isnt a "seal" like your thinking.... when oil is allowed past into the housing, the thrustplate/bearing is worn down.
any axial play?

yes its a real evo3.. i know its not an actual seal..and there is just normal axial play

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned