The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

big turbo ?

curtis

Found my new turbo. Its a weirdo... Usually compressors are larger with a small or same size turbine. This is the opposite. The compressor on this one is 68mm inducer with a 92mm exducer but the turbine has a 87 mm inducer and a 78 exducer. The compressor housing is a .80 or .90 range. The turbine housing is like 9 inches across and has a huge AR so I'll be putting a t4 housing on it if I can find one to fit if not I'll just machine a T4 to fit on the mill. I have a T4 in the shop with a 1.15 ar . But here's the big question what ar do I really need. When I first put on a garrett 8 years ago everyone thought you'll never spool a T3.48 TO4b, it spooled better than the 14b then I went to a 63. and it loved it. Now plenty of people are doing .82 ar's t3's on a 35R or 37R and are at full boogy by 4K. A local guy just put a 37R with a 1.0 ar T4 split housing on his de stroked evo and you can tell the car is ready to rock, hell sounds more like a full drag car than a street daily driver.

So to the guys that have been around these big monsters should I do a 1.0 ratio t4 or just hold out to find a .80 or so and machine the housing to fit? I really don't think there's enough material in a T3 frame for one with a turbine so large.

curtis

Thanks Jon that gives me hope and something to research I'll see if I can find what a T66 has for turbine dims.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned