The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

big power help with 565

Terrance362

I really hope so too. I have really came to the conclusion that I want to finish this project. I don't have much left get. I just really want to drive it.

COVR4355

Good God this is an awesome build...going to put up some serious numbers and in style too!
Love the updates, keep them coming please!
-Joshua-

strokin4dr

We want videos of you driving it!
8 years of posting updates and probably even longer squirreling away parts. Time for all this to pay off!!

Quoting Terrance362:
I really hope so too. I have really came to the conclusion that I want to finish this project. I don't have much left get. I just really want to drive it.

Terrance362

I'm trying my best to get this thing going. A couple things left to get. Now its all about the big money items. Torque converter, Two more slicks, Stand alone, Injectors, and Tune. Won't be long. I hope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Terrance362

Motor and Trans are in. Gonna have to replace motor mounts with regular one. I have avid billet solid mounts. They are such a bitch to get lined up. Seems like the ATI balancer won't clear the frame. The trans mount won't line up. I'm hopping the less aggressive mount will free up some movement. Just got to order some and find out.

slugsgomoo

if you have the front and rear, and the drives mount on & snug in that picture, I kind of feel like one of the mounts you have is DSM and not galant (I can't remember if it's front or rear that's the issue).

I accidentally threw a 1g mount in my car once and the motor was just cockeyed enough that it made trying to bolt all the mounts absolutely miserable, until I took it apart and put the correct one in. If not... maybe it is just the billet mounts, but I'd check it.

Terrance362

Update: Haven't really messed with the car. I'm Saving for a drive shaft, coilovers and other little things. Still trying to get it going. Tomorrow I am going to put the axles in and T case. other than that I'm waiting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Unless you plan to do the 300m xfer case upgrade and upgrade the slip yoke on the DSS driveshaft, I'd reconsider in favor of a stock driveshaft instead.

Terrance362

I do plan on the 300m upgrade. There is a wait for it I understand. I plan on getting the Boostin billet section with the upgrade and drive shaft.

tektic

The mounts from my auto gsx galant were different than the manual vr4 and the auto gsx eclipse. They had their own part numbers. I documented that elsewhere on this site.

Terrance362

Coil overs came in today. Hopfully in the next two weeks I will drop the car to get the Fab work done, and then save for the computer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts