The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Big 16G MHI

sy1100

As the title says, I'm selling a completely rebuilt by turbolab big 16g MHI turbo with 7cc housing. It has zero miles on it, no stripped bolts or studs, and is ready to bolt on and go. $500.00 includes shipping+ tracking number and paypal fees.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

That's a Chinese turbine housing. They love to crack.

sy1100

How can you tell its a Chinese tbh? Plus there are no cracks on this anywhere. Thanks for commenting. .

Last edited:

calcaliente

seems legit

mcbride89

That's not a knock off. It clearly has the serial number stamped on the compressor housing.

GalantTuner10

It is in fact a chinese TURBINE housing, yes that is a legit looking compressor cover but you can tell it is a knock of hotside. Look at the wastegate actuator bolted underneath the flapper arm. On a real housing the flapper arm is much shorter and the actuator slides over a pin and is held by a cotter pin. The bolt and nut are the result of making this housing accept a real MHI actuator as you can see the bend in the arm. Look at any ebay turbo and you will see that style hotside with a straight adjustable actuator arm hence why the flapper arm is in the location it is. Looks like it was modified to work correctly but it is not an MHI 7CM housing it is an ebay housing

click

click

CutlassJim

The fact that it's an Evo III style housing on a big16G was my first clue. Then I saw the wastegate arm. Another huge sign is the inlet is cast "as ported" with no step for the fire ring. Someone, no idea who, had a cracked up MHI housing and didn't want to spend the money on a real one so they bought this $50 chinese housing. They don't take any abuse at all. The metal fatigues quickly and will crack somewhere. Another strange thing about these housings is they come with a bigger flapper door than a MHI unit but the hole itself is smaller making for worst boost control.

I have one of these housings in my garage off of someone else cars where there was a pencil sized hole right after the wastegate. The casting was too thin and it broke through during normal use. No porting done at all. No wonder the car didn't reach 12psi until 6000 rpm.

Just trying to inform the seller and potential buying.

Next time don't be so quick to discredit the member with 7 years of board time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned