The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BG engine bay paint

89Patches

So I need something that matches the engine bay colour. I was going to order some colour match (G31) in a aerosol can but noticed that it's different from the exterior paint. All I am painting is where the original placement for the battery and the top rad support. I did some searching for what to use but only came up with summit white and Nile back (which is easy to match IMO)

Sorry if I missed it but I can't find anything for a BG car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbowop

My local autobody supply place can mix me up aerosol cans of whatever color code I bring them. I did my hood and trunk jambs as well as the OE battery area back in '07 with it and it turned out great. The factory paint in those areas isn't exactly super glossy and perfect anyway, so getting it to match perfect isn't super important, IMO. Unless you're going for an all out Pebble Beach restoration job.

Hell, some people may remember I did both JDM bumpers for 503 with the same stuff but mixed to KG color code and nobody could even tell they were rattle canned.

Some pics:

Last edited:

89Patches

Ah ok I just wasn't sure as the engine bay isn't glossy like you said. If I got the colour matching paint that it would come out with gloss finish and not match the rest of the engine bay was what I was worried about. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

BTW I also mounted my turn indicators like you did on 503 before I got my projectors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EHmotorsports

you can have it a base coat/ clear coat so you can keep it the flat.

prove_it

I'd keep it flat BG. It won't be a color match, but without the gloss it will match really good. I've never been a fan of shiny engine bays. I like the satin or flat look.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The reason is the inside of the hood and trunk do not get the direct application of clear coat in the factory painting process.

GSTwithPSI

You should check out automotivetouchup.com: click

I painted my engine bay with the W09 from them, and it turned out great. The color match was spot on. I clear coated the top coat, and would recommend clear coating even if it is door jambs and such.

strokin4dr

Mark, did you use a base/clear or a single stage under the hood?

89Patches

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
You should check out automotivetouchup.com: click

Thanks for the link! Price is way better than anything I can find local too!

strokin4dr

Nice! I was hoping that was the case. That's my plan for the rhd car before I drop the new engine in.

Quoting turbowop:
Single stage on both cars.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts