The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Better way to navigate the board.

citymunky

There has to be a better way to navigate this forum. I can never find a old thread unless I save it in my "Favorite Threads"

Can the Technical Discussions be broken down into sections
ie:
-Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
-Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tires
-Interior & Exterior
-Build Threads

IMO this will make searching a bit easier. As the search feature on here is not the best.

Thank you-

Barnes

You probably don't know how to use the search function. Do you use the "+" in front of your search terms? You have to search like this: say you want to look for boost leak testers. You should type "+boost +leak +tester" in the search box.

citymunky

I do. But say I'm trying to search for a thread about the innovate DB gauge. (sandblast comes up)

SmoothCustomer

Oh, yeah use quotes as well. +"DB gauge" or if that doesn't work, just +"DB" that way you won't get words that just contains those letters, it will only be that phrase.

Kibby

I dont mean to beat a dead horse here but could we add a section for available parts I.e. bushings strut bars gvr4 specific parts etc? I see certain people have parts for the car and ive been slowly navigating from the last page on sections back to the first and then people bring forums back from x months ago from getting parts in stock or bumping that they are still available. I dont think the section would be too huge either. Or move some posts around for what fits on the galant like cross reference numbers for parts.

Last edited:

Hertz

Staff member
I think what you're describing is a vendor section. We don't technically allow that kind of thing. The idea is that a shop doesn't get favor over an individual member. If we had such a section it would turn into the same thing, those who work at shops or sell parts on the side would just bury each others posts the same.

Kibby

I wasnt shooting for a vendor section. More towards a part number section, cross reference or parts between the galant and tel. Im still learning about what parts work on both vehicles and what doesnt then Googling things im getting mixed answers on some parts and I dont want to not be able to find a part or buy a part only to find it doesnt fit. I guess it would be like a part number section for the galant as far as what is still available. Sorry if im babbling its hard to explain. Like what bushings fit strut bars suspension parts motor mounts wiring etc kind of a section. If we had a category just like a reference sheet.

LIV4PSI

Hertz,

I respectably ask if you would reconsider CityMunky's idea to make a sub forum for build threads. They are scattered all over Newbie, General, and Anything Goes. It would also make the older ones that are buried easier to find.

I have no idea what would be involved, so it may not be worth the effort?

tektic

Sounds good to me, but what do I know.

Also I usually use Google to search like this.
Site:galantvr4.org subject

Last edited:

prove_it

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Hertz,

I respectably ask if you would reconsider CityMunky's idea to make a sub forum for build threads. They are scattered all over Newbie, General, and Anything Goes. It would also make the older ones that are buried easier to find.

I have no idea what would be involved, so it may not be worth the effort?

This I fully support. The general section is getting really cluttered. Its kinda annoying. I like to follow builds now and then, but I really enjoy conversations in the "main three", i.e. Newbies, General, and Tech.

I don't agree with adding a engine section, or interior/exterior, or etc. I like the tech forum as it is. We are not that big and don't things scattered like EVOM does, or tooners. It's a lot smaller, but moving build threads to one area, would clean up the randomness of the build threads. I'd also support having NON-GVR4 builds in this proposed section too.
Having a catagory below the member's rides would be cool. Make the build section private too, but leave the rides section public.

Last edited:

prove_it

Quoting Barnes:
You probably don't know how to use the search function. Do you use the "+" in front of your search terms? You have to search like this: say you want to look for boost leak testers. You should type "+boost +leak +tester" in the search box.

Don't forget to add -Re:

That really helps. Cleans out all the responses and really helps out a lot.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts