The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best paint for hood?

mr.mitsu

I'm planning in painting my hood. I primered it and it's all ready to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I want to do it flat black and I removed the under-hood insulation already. I was thinking some kind of high heat paint ie engine or even BBQ lol

What are your experiences?

Thanks

EHmotorsports

Really you are limited to the paint that works with the primer you used. Mixing brands or types of paint is very risky as its a 50/50 chance that the top coat will not like the primer and wrinkle or peal over time or instantly.

rdomeck

Look up SEM Hot Rod Black. Has very little shine and can be purchased in flat I believe!

mr.mitsu

Thanks for the replies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm more worried about the high heat from the engine distorting the paint.

Should I be worried about using regular flat black paint?

rdomeck

Yeah...Don't worry about the heat from the engine. You only need to worry about high temp paint when your painting exhaust parts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned