The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Before vs. After tail lights

fuel

I prefer the facelift JDM lamps (I guess what are '91 lamps for you guys), I don't like the 92 lights - they were never on JDM models however the last of the 92 and 93 NZDM Galants had those tail lamps fitted but no VR-4 badge obviously. I don't mind the pre-facelift lamps either but they just look out of place on a facelift car.

turbofonz

92 everything is the best IMO.

KiNgMaRtY

I like the 92 tails. I would say keep the 92's around just incase you want to swap them from
time to time

cspetros

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
I personally like the 92 lights better

+1. I think the lighted center piece and curves in the design look good with the car. Just my 2 cents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

donkeylips

I like '92 tails, but they often show their age. Terry's '92 tails looked to be in really nice shape though. The '89-'90 tails look great with JDM rear bumpers, or to pull off the sleeper(I.E. less nice) look with the USDM rear bumper.

EMX5636

For me it depends on the color of the car. I swapped my 91 lights for a set of 92's because I liked them more on my S.W. car. The 91 tails with black trim looked better on my buddies B.G. car.

maroonmetallic

Terry,

I'm just giving you crap. I don't mind the 89-90 tails.
There is only one thing I dislike about them & that's that the center garnish does not light up.
I've always had an issue w/ fake taillights on cars unless it's clearly a panel (like my colt) that wouldn't be easily illuminated.
(I had a Chevy Lumina about 10 years ago & I drilled holes in the tailight garnish & trunklid to illuminate the 2 red spots that didn't light up.)

-Shawn

Terry Posten

Agreed Shawn, I also want the center panel to light up.

donkeylips

Quoting EMX5636:
For me it depends on the color of the car. I swapped my 91 lights for a set of 92's because I liked them more on my S.W. car. The 91 tails with black trim looked better on my buddies B.G. car.

Same here. I think 91 or 92 lights look good on BG, SW, or NB depending on the look you're going for. 92 lights have always looked kind of European to me while the 91 lights can pull of the rally look. I don't think the 89-90 lights would look good on BG and I'm not a huge fan of them on SW but they look best on KG, NB, and the other colors that our usdm vr4s didn't come in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned