The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bearing noise/whine?

deez

Okay, I just got back from my mechanics and he doesn't know what this is. When pushing the clutch in and driving down the road, we get a whining which leads me to think throw out bearing. But when the clutch is held in, no noise, only when the clutch pedal is moving. Also, it wont make any noise when sitting still and pushing in the clutch unless the revs are up there, then we can barely hear it. Its most noticeable when the car/drivetrain is moving. Any thoughts? The throwout is new Mitsu, Clutchnet clutch, and Jacks Trans, stock transfer case.

Hksvr4

I think there's an alignment issue with your drive shaft and x-case. This happened to me during decel. There was a write up on this on here.

deez

What would cause that? And why only when the clutch fork is moving?

rgeier11

The throwout may be new, but did you lube it up nice before installing?

deez

That I dont know, I had a shop install it, who I later came to find out they are kinda hacks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned