The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Balance shaft delete: High oil pressure?

Lonewolf64

If I do the proper balance shaft belt delete with stubby shaft, I have heard that I may see dangerously high oil pressures. Is this true, or can I safely perform this mod and not worry?

chrisb33

You will definitely increase oil pressure. You can read more about it in this thread where how to lower down oil pressure is discussed. Link

chris b

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Just monitored my engine with a gauge yesterday. I removed the balance shafts and ported the housing. At cold start my OP went to right about 90, but retreated to 60 when warmed up.

atc250r

Staff member
I don't think the increased oil pressure from the BS removal is anywhere near as big of a deal as it is made out to be on this board.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts