The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Back into the Scene with 886/1000

Chad989of2000

Hi again everyone,

After selling my moderately modified 141/1000, I vowed to return with a more stock example. After months of searching I landed 886/1000, a Belize Green 1992 w/ sunroof option in absolutely stock factory condition. Not everything is perfect, but that's how I like them.

The Good:
-"Only" 158k miles
-Completely stock w/ dealership window sticker
-Drives wonderfully

The Bad:
-Every (and I mean every) body panel has some ding or deep scratch
-Competition clutch that is super chattery and way too stiff for a stock GVR-4
-Differed maintenance to the max and hunting idle

The plan is to restore the car back to its former glory and factory specs. Body work is going to be a major cost factor here. I plan to take care of all the maintenance...TB + WP, all seals, gaskets, etc. Super pumped to be back into a Galant VR-4 and can't wait to start wrenching on it.

bobdole

Looks like a great staring car. Looking forward to updates.

Chad989of2000

Thanks and my thoughts exactly. Should be a blast fixing her up.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice. Good luck with it.

I still miss my green one every so often.

Chad989of2000

Quoting transparentdsm:
congrats bro, glad your back in the game.

Thanks man, feels good to be back...like really good.

Chad989of2000

Quoting iceman69510:
Nice. Good luck with it.

I still miss my green one every so often.

Thanks. I wasn't too color picky on this...but Summit White and Belize Green are my favorite color options.

Chad989of2000

Finally got around to starting this project. The first objective was boost leaking the car to to see if a vacuum leak may be causing the idle surge. Sure enough the BISS was blowing bubbles like no one's business. Removed the screw to find no o-ring in place...hmmmmm...

Of course I then removed the entire throttle body to give it a solid cleaning....I have no self control.

Quick question, I'm aiming to keep this project a completely stock build. Does anyone know where to source a factory air filter? Is there another way to get a similar filter. I know all the sneaky ways to get a 2G MAF in there...so don't offer that idea...I know you guys too well. Just looking to stay stock.

transparentdsm

Only place I can think of is Rock Auto, I might have a k&n 1g filter that is cleanable and reusable if you want me to look for it.

Chad989of2000

I assumed Rockauto wouldn't have 'em...but you were spot on. Solid price too. Thanks for the advice on that one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts