The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Back after 5 years.

So about 6 years ago I purchased a white 91' Vr4 # 39/2000. I had to sell it after only having her a short few months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif But it did go to a member on here that I knew would take care of it. Well recently I've been searching craigslist and came across my old VR-4. I will be buying her back and I'll have her "back home" next month!!

Current mods
-Big rod motor, 6bolt.
-New gaskets, head, oil case, etc,.
-New BC 288 cams
-New BC valve springs
-New water pump
-New Mitsubishi timing belt
-No balance shafts
-Just over 100k on motor
-New 3g lifters
-Venom SMIM
-AFCO Radiator
-FMIC
-Welbro 255
-Big 16g with 2g manifold and ported 02.

The first thing on the to do list will be going through and doing the maintenance, and purchasing DSMlink with SD. I want to put a short block in it right away so I can go big turbo over summer. I'll have pics up soon!!! Glad to be back!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

deedo

Some may call you a glutten for punishment.... but i certainly wont be the one to do it as that would be the pot calling the kettle black haha. either way welcome back:)

onesickcrx

Welcome back.... Bc288's planning something big for future?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
same user name?

Quoting onesickcrx:
Welcome back.... Bc288's planning something big for future?

Yes actaully, I also have a 2g that I was buildiing but with getting #39 back the parts will go to her.

Plans for this one are 2.3 stroker, FP mani, FP SS 02, and FP dsm red. I've wanted to do this set up for sometime and I choice this one to complete it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hopefully it should be a nice set up, if not a red was thinking a 6262 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MellowVR4

ive been thinking on that turbo aswell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif 6266

It's a hard choice because I'll probably end up putting this turbo on the car as it sits well I finish my 2.3, but I feel the car will be to laggy!!

I'll have pics soon. She's going to go through some change in a short time. I'm planning on putting coils on it right away and getting everything strighted out in that area. I have a 5 lug swap but I'll probably wait till summer when I can have some down time with the car. In the summer I also have a 07' 600rr to ride everyday.

Quoting MellowVR4:
ive been thinking on that turbo aswell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif 6266

I think I decided that for this set up I'm going to run the Fp red, mani, and 02 and then next year switch to the 2.3 and the 6262 or 6266 still need to do some more research with these. The red will suit me better having a stock bottom end for now. I should have this done and tuned by hopefully May to take it to the Wisconsin Dells show.

Do you think you guys think I'll be okay running the Fp red with 860's?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSX_TC

860's are too small for an FP red buddy. You can run them to putter you around but don't expect to make any power on them or anything.

Didn't really expect to be honestly. These are just an extra set I have so I thought I'd ask.

I get the car in 2 weeks!! Ill post pics soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned