The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Baby needed a new pair of shoes...

s_firestone

I had been noticing a vibration that had been getting more and more prominent and the feeling of the suspension and steering had changed. Sure enough, it was one of the rear tires (they lived a long useful life). Today I went and picked up a new set of rims and tires. I am once again reminded how this car steers like a scalpel. Rubber is the best invention EVER! Oh the rubbery goodness!!

I ended up with 17" Konig Zero's and Continental Extreme Contact DWS 215/45 ZR17 tires. I think I have found my new favorite tire (as soon as the snow starts, we'll see). And because I'm such a cheap bastage, I got both the rims and tires for $500 and $35 for lug nuts.

They are brushed on the front of the splines, black within and a red ring behind. I'm going to have the brushed aluminum splines finished to the Belize Green Metallic of the stock paint. I think it will look really good with the black and red ring.

KT

Wow, three posts in two years! What have you been up to?

On topic, isn't it awesome how a new set of good tires makes you fall in love with your car all over again?

KT

s_firestone

ROFL!! Touche! It has been a while. After I got laid off 2 years ago (and then moved to Salt Lake for work), everything pretty much changed. I do lurk periodically (and I have a few people from the board on FB). But I stay so busy with work I barely have time for anything. The Galant is now parked at the airport as much as its parked at home.

Every time I get to the point of thinking... Maybe its time to move on, etc. I get in it and drive and my mind is changed. What can I say? I love this damn car!

AWDPower

That's a great deal on those tires. I bought a set of those for my Legacy GT last month. I paid about $500 for the tires alone after the rebates.

s_firestone

I consider that the real savings is in not having to spend the gratuitous $18 per tire to have them mounted and balanced.

I was this close to getting a set of Tenzo Morphix 17" rims (I really liked the way they look and I think they would compliment the Galant more than these) for $150 and Firestone had Buy 3 get 1. It would have cost me $400 for middle of the road Bridgestone tires.

When I saw the ad for these, I jumped. Even if they only last me 2 years its worth it.

And, the rims are growing on me...

DR1665

Definitely agree the Tenzos would be a better match, but you still made out good with the ones you got.

I recently ran into the same sort of issue. Old Hankook R-S2s were getting sketchy after a number of years. Finally had one chunk out through the sidewall - AT THE SUBARU DEALERSHIP - where we were test driving potential new rides for wifey. I dropped $480 on a set of Goodyear somethingorothers installed a couple days later. Jealous of your score, sir, one KG owner to another.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts