The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Auto swap help

dsmless

Im currently trying to swap my galant to a automatic drivetrain, Im using the parts from a 92 awd talon I bought and stripped just for that. I have the driveline parts installed, that was pretty easy. I need help with the wiring, if you have tryed it you know that the dsm engine harness will not plug into the galant chasis harness, if anyone has actually mated the two together or have made a patch harness, please help me out. I would like to use the tcu I have as its already epromed and has a burnt chip for my setup/needs. If its easier to splice in just the TCU harness parts to the galant engine harness let me know also, not new to splicing or cutting. But would like some help ot imput from someone who has actually done this.

Nate

I'm in the middle of doing this right now. I can see why people just do the shifter box. I have a LOT of time into doing this in this manner, and I'm not finished. I'd say take a long hard look at both wiring diagrams, and make one that includes what you need, and then build the harness from there.

tektic

I just swapped my auto gsx to manual have any specific questions? I took notes.

dsmless

I would like to know how to "patch" or "splice" in the galant chasis harness to the dsm harness

dsmless

Nate- can you PM me the manuals your using please? I have the chilton books but if I use the same ones as you then we can help each other out if we have a problem

dsmless

Has anyone ever considered using the engine harness off a non turbo auto galant? If its plug and play into the body harness then you just have to worry about incorporating a knock sensor wire, any thoughts?

transparentdsm

^ this write-up is what kinda saved me. i wish i had found it sooner because i spent like 20 hours using the manuals to try and get the auto harness swapped in and then another 10 or so hours after that using this write-up and the car shifts awesome. it might be a pain, but if its going to be driven all the time then i would add the box. my wife DD hers and loves it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned