The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ATR exhaust

vtecds1

I`m looking to change my muffler over the cold season as the one I have on is too mild for my taste. I've been searching everywhere for a ATR pitbull muffler but can't seem to find anyone that carries them. They were big back then and a lot of companies had them in stock. Anyone got any leads?

TylerAdamson

Dynomax straight through. Its what the majority of manufacturers used back in the day.

PolskiVR4

Yeah the company isnt arround anymore. I use the pitbull muffler from a 1G and just cut the tip off and had it welded back on but straight. Since on the 1G's they were angled and on the GVR4 they have to be straight with the muffler. The best sounding muffler to me personally. Here's some crappy cell phone pics: (and that's not rust, just tar)

1G

GVR4

vtecds1

Did you buy it from someone on the ChiTown board? I think it was early this year or last year. I was going to pick it up but I didn't have the funds for it then. Also, couldn't you just use it as is but flip it the other way so that the muffler angles towards the diff? I agree it being the best sounding exhaust for the 1g and GVR4. I had one on my old GVR4 and regret selling it with the car. That one came from Turbo Trix.

vr4play

I have one from a 2g on my car. The 2g one was oval instead of round and I've had it for about 10 years. I liked it back in the day but I think I'm getting old because even with a resonator its still a little too loud. Has that nice deep growl to it though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts