The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Argument with The DSM Graveyard

jmorri15

So I bought a rebuilt head and some 272 regrinds from them. What I sent was a 6bolt turbo head that dropped right onto my 12mm head studs and all of the exhaust manifold studs where M8. I attached pictures of what I got back. They sent me a 7bolt NA 1G head. As far as I can find there are only 3 differences between the two but one of those is important.
1) The two outside bottom studs for the exhaust manifold are M10 not M8 like all the others (not a problem I can easily pick up two M10 nuts)
2) The oil feed off the head is blocked off (again not a problem, I take my oil feed right of the oil filter housing)
3) The 7bolt head studs are 11mm so you have to punch out the holes to get the head on the car (a giant pain in the ass because I had to do it myself.) not what i paid for. [/list]

Well I punched out the holes and got the head on the car but I was pretty upset that I was not sent the right head to replace mine. I contacted the shop and asked them to do something because I was not sent what I paid for, After a sent in some pictures I was given this response Quote:
"there is only one first generation head, doesn't matter if its a 6 bolt or a 7 bolt its the same"

Before I called the shop again I wanted to make sure of the facts so I sent an email to Mitsubishi but havent heard back, so I wanted to ask if anyone who could confirm the facts I have gathered.

Last edited:

grocery_getter

Mitsugraveyard recently sent a stock flywheel to a customer of mine. It is a 6 bolt fwd turbo flywheel that has been "resurfaced" with what looks like a flap wheel. There are high and low spots and no flat spots at all around the flywheel and on top of that it is full of cracks. I said hell no to it and get him to buy a brand new aftermarket flywheel.

Here's what they said to him. They said its "ready to use".

f*** em.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting grocery_getter:
Mitsugraveyard recently sent a stock flywheel to a customer of mine. It is a 6 bolt fwd turbo flywheel that has been "resurfaced" with what looks like a flap wheel. There are high and low spots and no flat spots at all around the flywheel and on top of that it is full of cracks. I said hell no to it and get him to buy a brand new aftermarket flywheel.

Here's what they said to him. They said its "ready to use".

f*** em.

Andre was that Mitsugraveyard or DSM graveyard?

Street Surgeon

To the OP:

Honestly, I was right there with you until you said you punched the holes out and installed it. If it were me I would have contacted them and arranged to have it sent back before doing anything at all. Once you start tweaking it, installing it, etc. Well, it must have been good enough after all.

jmorri15

well at that point since the only difference was the holes and its the dowel pins hold the head in the right spot, you can drill out the holes and not have a single problem. The head showed up a week later then promised over a month after I ordered it and the core got to them. I was not going to pay to ship it back. I had the head and cams that would work with a little massaging so I didnt feel like waiting a month or two more to get the car running.

The_Big_Weave

I ordered 2g piston 1g rod combo from them, took 2 months to get here and the pistons were not on the rods. Will never order from them again. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

ktmrider

Anyone screwed by them care to make a Bad Guy thread?!? All these stories but couldn't find any complaints here...

Last edited:

jmorri15

I think that a bad guy or good guy thread for a business is a good idea. I've had great experiences with Jacks Trans, STM and RockAuto and I'd like to tell the good stories too.

jmorri15

yeah i saw it. shouldve done more reading into the company. im very rarely on tuners and when i searched on here i didnt see anything bad come up.

ktmrider

Quoting ktmrider:
Anyone screwed by them care to make a Bad Guy thread?!? All these stories but couldn't find any complaints here...

^^^And yet no BG thread started by any one of you yet...

spooling92vr4

First of all there is a difference between mitsugraveyard and dsmgraveyard. Mitsubishigraveyard sells parts from parts cars and provides service to local customers fo DSM guys.

I have first hand experience because I used to work there years ago... there was the 2 of us stripping cars and doing service. The owners name is Gary and I haven't or will I ever have a better boss than him. I have seen on many occasion Gary go out of his way to help people out with used parts which to be honest wasn't worth the time to pull off of a car. We never claimed to be a performance shop although we did the full gammut of stuff from built motors to oil changes. I worked there for years before I moved onto my career. Make sure your facts are straight before you make any negative comments in response to my friend.

Jesus_Negros

I'm sure they're speaking of DSMgraveyard

Vr4junkie

Quoting alansupra94:
Its common knowledge that RockAuto is awesome though.

RockAuto is good but they have messed up on some of my orders by sending me wrong parts or wrong quantity but they gladly refunded me my money back so I guess there not too bad.

matt92vr4

Oh boy, I just installed a set of 2g piston 1g rods. It took two months to receive them. I hope they don't suck.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned