The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Are talon and eclipse gear shifters the same as galant vr4?

VR42LT

Hi guys,

Just after a little help as the heading says it all only because I was looking at buying a "talon or eclipse" short shifter off eBay.

I've asked the seller but thought I would ask the experts here as well.

Sorry if this is dumb question but we don't get talons or eclipses down here

Thanks for your help

Wade

MX4

Hey Wade,
Have a look at these here. The reason the price is high is you need to supply him with a GTO shifter for him to modify. The cost is around $120.

Gimpin

they are similar but not the same ... putting a Talon/Eclipse/Laser shifter in will shorten it some

EMX5636

The DSM shifter will shorten height, but not throw. I have the 3kGT one from JNZ and I love it.

Quoting MX4:
Hey Wade,
Have a look at these here. The reason the price is high is you need to supply him with a GTO shifter for him to modify. The cost is around $120.

No kidding, i went to the site and it gave me $1068.99 with the shortened stalk.

I know its a typo but its $120 w/o the options?

Last edited by a moderator:

EMX5636

I think that's an arbitrary number so no one will order it. I'm sure Josh will chime in to correct me if needed, but the pieces they were using new from Mitsu are no longer available, hence requiring finding used ones and sending them in for modification. When I worked there, the shifters were all brand new parts, sadly more and more of Mitsu's stock is getting depleted.

MX4

No its only $120ish but you have to supply him the 3000GT shifter to modify. The reason he increased the price (which I assume is to stop people ordering them directly off the website) is that his supply of brand new shifters from Mitsubishi has dried up.

I went on the local 3000GT and picked up a shifter for $30. I just need to send it in to get it modified.

DSSA

Thank you for clearing that up.

He's indeed correct. We changed the pricing as even though we mark in bold; "Availability changes. Please call before ordering" (which was formerly in red, bold font 4 times the size of the regular text) we would continue to have people order them through the website and send payments.

We figured that the only way to get people to stop ordering them erroneously just through the website was to just raise the price to some astronomical level.

The only other option was to just remove the listing entirely, but that would prevent us being able to explain to people that we *CAN* still make them, we just don't have a good supply of two of the base parts we modify to use.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts