The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ARC2 on GVR-4

boostin4door

Bought my ARC2[w/2G install kit] a year ago from Extremepsi [after selling my MSD didnt want the wiring hassle, splicing,tach adapter,etc..] and installed it. Car wouldnt start,loaded up with fuel and back fired! Unplugged it and it sat for a year. Car ran fine even on COP w/o the ARC [only running 'baby boost' 21psi] it but I knew I needed it for future increased boost levels & modifications.
( I know the OEM coils are good for 90% of peeps cars/setups. But, My buddy Curtis made the COP setup, I got it for free 'back in the day' & i like the clean look)

So anyways ,fast fwd to now... I decided to send it back to ARC a week before MOD, to have it checked out since some guys were having issues w/some of them.
ARC checked it out and it checked out fine. Raymond @ ARC was great:thumbsup:,answered my questions and actually called me back. He overnighted it back to me. I soldered & grounded it properly [ran a larger ga. ground wire all the way to neg battery post in the trunk] plugged everything back up, set the dips properly, and the car runs great! I can def tell that its working, car is 'crisper', idle is better, more responsive, etc...So far so good.. & we'll see how it works out.

IMAG1523.jpg

IMAG1522.jpg

IMAG1521.jpg

My COP setup; By Curtis[proper connections & ga wire,heat shrunk, etc..]
IMAG1491_zpsd949d8c7.jpg

IMAG1492_zpsc5031733.jpg
[/

Last edited:

thecman02

That's awesome. I was thinking about hooking one up for my eventually. My friend loves his on his talon and using the arcs 2step instead of links really helps get that thing on converter. Would you mind listing the details on what you did to get it working good? I'm assuming the directions on hooking it up must have been a little cryptic?a

Oh and your engine bay pisses me off, only because it looks good.

Dam looks like you just detailed the engine bay for that picture. Nice n shiny.

GSX_TC

I like the location you mounted it at. very clean.

boostin4door

Thanks guys!

The instructions are VERY simple & easy.
I bought my ARC2 w/the 'DSM 95-97' install kit'{it will work on 1G's & ours} which gives you a 'plug n play' harness & plug in tach adapter box.
Its basically; kill the power, Mount the plate {I used an existing threaded hole & relocated the horn lower by the brake booster}, Ground wire [TO THE BATTERY, which mine is in the trunk, so I used/ran bigger GA wire], Power wire , plug in ARC2 DSM harness between COP & oem ignition/plug harness, set the 3 dip switches per/instructions, start the car and thats it...

ps:
Oh yeah, I did send the ARC2 back to them to have it checked out since some peeps have had problems w/them.Mine checked out fine, although when I installed it grounding it to the chasis in the bay it DID NOT work properly. So, grounding it to the Battery must be done.
So far so good no issues...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned