The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone wanting to buy a hood or trunk from Hirevperformance!

Sorry for not keeping up with the older thread on the group buy, but it started to turn into a complaining thread on how our product was not that great or what not. We tried to produce a product that thought everyone would be happy with but mostly everyone complained on how crappy the hood was. What most people don't understand is that no aftermarket body part will fit 100% like OEM. Even on newer cars it doesn't always fit 100% like OEM. We put allot of work into producing these hoods and keeping the price at a reasonable amount for you guys. Well I didn't create this thread into ranting but to give some info on those still interested in buying a hood or trunk. We are working on other projects and not dealing with carbon fiber items at the moment. If you are still interested in buying a hood or trunk please call GT Fabrications at area code 714.630.5522 ask for Jose. I believe from the last inventory they sent me they had about 2-3 hoods left and 1 trunk remaining. Their hours of operations are from 10am-5pm pacific standard time. Should you have any questions please PM me.

As far as the board member that put a deposit down on a hood please PM me your information. Please include your paypal address and when you sent us your deposit towards a hood.

Paging Jay Gilings Please PM your number, I believe Ilya gave me your number but I want to make sure it's the correct one. Thank You

curtis

Hopefully I can speak for the management around here, if not sorry guys, but I'll stop anymore purchases now.

I believe you need to check your messages and also read the other thread about money coming out of peoples credit card accounts before you start pimping your tricks around here. There's people with deposits already in and no word on there parts so your hoods and trunks there are probably already spoken for. As for fitment like OEM why not, your making a mold from a factory part. I can see .050 for shrinkage (and thats alot), waviness and lay but I've heard of hoods 1/2 inch off. Carbon fiber resin over a 6 ft length doesn't have that much shrinkage if it did it would be useless as an engineering polymer platform. I've seen pumps and all sorts of products made from this even turbine housings with additional stabilizers and fillers.

A little explanation to the board is in order as well.

4nmscle

The feedback front the other members scared me away from this. Over 1k for parts that have to be modified and still has fitment issues. Sorry, just not for me.

i was one of the origonal people who put a 100 deposit on this and i havnt paid mine due to this.. i havnt said anything till now about it, its a sad day when a person pays a grand for parts and can't get a quality product they paid for.

awesome job ..

Jesse

NateCrisman

Has anyone got an accurate weight on the trunk?

Lonewolf64

After some diggind I found Kamil's AIM account and have gotten a contact phone number. Jay, you have a PM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

EDIT: If anyone has a legitimate need for this contact number (aka you paid for a hood and did not receive one) you can PM me for Kamil's number.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned