The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone ran a TD05 16g6 10.5T on a VR4

JspecVR4

I'm currently interested in a second hand TD05 16g6 10.5T, it's listed for $400 AUD.

Has anyone ran these newer TD05s? From my understand I need a evo 4-9 manifold as well and the turbo is the other way compared to the early evos and vr4s.
Anyone know how difficult it is to do the conversion? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks.

agentorange313

You will need a custom manifold (not an evo 4-9 one, the placement of the turbo will interfere with PS https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/evo-8-turbo-conversion-2g.505597/). You will also need a customer o2 housing and charged air piping, not worth the money on the gains.

If your are a DIY person, do not let this discourage you. But over all a bolt on evo1-3 style turbo will make just as much power and will be much easier to install and maintain.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts