The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone heard of this 20g??

14bCrazy

Quoting mac515:
Quoting 14bCrazy:
I used to have a WRX. Don't go by what they say because turbo's act way different on a 4G63 then they do on a boxer engine. If I were you and I want a upgrade I would go for a Forced Performance Green. It is more money but is a lot better than what your looking at.

Really I was told over on the Suby site that a member has this turbo on his car and got 390AWHP out of it. thats exactly what I'm looking for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. but how differnt is it. 5-10 WHP is fine with me. Don't get me wrong I can get a FP Green for close to what this turbo cost but I think it may be a little over kill for me./??

You can never have enough. That's my motto. I'll tell you what. You buy me a Green and I'll try it and let you know how it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

14bCrazy

Oh I almost forgot. Subaru's are only good for two things. Picking up gay men and knocking the sh*t out of Deer.Heeeheeeheee!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I would stay away from that turbo. Buy one from a reputable dsm vendor or a turbo from a board member. Start doing research as to what suits you best and what your goals are and what your car will be used for. Some like small turbos that build boost right off idle and some don't. So pick something that suits you.

91GSR

very true^^ when i first got into vr4's and the 4g63 engine, i wanted a GIANT turbo for all kinds of power, and now that i have done research it is more beneficial just to get a E16g or something similar. build boost faster and keep it steady longer. big turbos have MASSIVE lag and msot engines (unless you have a ridiculous amount of work done to it) dont have enough revs to maximize use of the boost that they produce (try saying that 5 times fast :p)

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
I would stay away from that turbo. Buy one from a reputable dsm vendor or a turbo from a board member. Start doing research as to what suits you best and what your goals are and what your car will be used for. Some like small turbos that build boost right off idle and some don't. So pick something that suits you.

I should have been more direct with my first comment, but seriously "Mitsubishi Turbo North America"? No such thing. Stay away.

Launch

FYI, most these china copycats use the WRONG thrust bearing....IE they think a evo8/9 parts kit works fine in a standard rotation turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

get it done right, Fp is the way to go

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts