The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone ever heard of Saftey Devices?

Diego

Found a company that makes a cage for the Galant. I had to email them and this is what they said.

"Diego,

Well Safety Devices does make a full 6 point bolt in cage for the Galant
VR4. They are available to order and are built when ordered so we do not
have it in stock.

The roll cage would include:
Rear cage section - single fixed diagonal and harness bar
Front cage section
Single door bars for Driver and Passenger side.

The complete cage would cost $1199.99 and would be a special order item with
us so it would need to be paid for before the order can be placed. The cage
would be powdered coated black and built to the standards for club racing
with NASA and SCCA."

Anyone able to chime in?

Diego

EHmotorsports

I would try to contact SCCA and see if they have heard if this company. Do they make cages for anything else?

PTLourenco

Saftey Devices has been around for a very long time. We used them in our rally cars in the late 80's early 90's. Great cages for the buck. They are generally bolt in cages, but can be made SCCA or NASA, legal with modification. You'll need to check the rule books if you plan on doing some form of racing.

SouthCaliVR4

Do they have a us distributor? Side note I may have an unused harness bar available soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

VR4Scott

I was just about to start a new thread on this. I frequently bring parts in from the UK for my Land Rover business. I'm almost positive the 1199.99 quote they gave you was in GBP not USD. I am able to get cages from that company for anyone who is wanting one. I am a distributor for them. Too my knowledge they do not make a cage for DSMs though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned