The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Any sources for windshield trim?

I am trying to find a set of the front windshield trim for my galant. I checked the dealership and they come up as obsoleted. I've been asking around to see if anyone has a spare set but haven't gotten any responses unfortunately. Does anybody know of a place that I might be able to find something like this at? Thanks

14u2nV

When I had my last windshield installed, I had the glass place ditch the factory trim and install the rubber type. Looked much better and stays black. :p I'd recommend it to everyone. They said they'd do the rear too, but it would have cost me to have it taken out, then reinstalled and I didn't feel like spending the money at the time.

6gCarb

i know someone who sells it here in the Philippines. I'll contact 'em and let you know. I'll be busy tomorrow so i have to get back to you on Friday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dmj

Got 3 pieces for the front glass off an 89 galant in the local pick it yourself junkyard for 3 dollars.

Last edited:

mikus

I think I have a decent set and am local, Aurora. You need full front?

Does anyone know if the corners are uh, 'corner specific' --- I just have a handful in a pile

I am missing the top piece (the longest piece) and the corner sections. I have the side pieces. I am fairly certain that the rear corners and front corners are different, but maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

mitsu90

Quoting 14u2nV:
When I had my last windshield installed, I had the glass place ditch the factory trim and install the rubber type. Looked much better and stays black. :p I'd recommend it to everyone. They said they'd do the rear too, but it would have cost me to have it taken out, then reinstalled and I didn't feel like spending the money at the time.

Lets see some pix of this before I have my trim reinstalled

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I had my windshield done about a 3 weeks ago, and asked about the continuous replacement trim like Kenny got. They did not have anything on the truck wide enough to cover the gap, but said they could get it. Since I have good trim, I didn't want to wait a day with the glass already out of the car.

onesickcrx

I have a complete set... its not in fs section but I do want to sell it if that helps?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned