The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anti theft won't turn off

galantrevolution

On my drivers door when I unlock the door,anti theft will turn on ,the headlights flash, but if I unlock the passenger side first then the anti theft does turn off, so what do I need to get on my driver side door to get it fix?

G

Staff member
Fix the lock.

AnotherNewb

Jiggle the key...

Seriously I would check the wiring to that door, especially where it passes through the door jamb to the body. Some time spent with a multi meter will tell you whether it is the switch or the wiring.

Fish

^^
Do this, I had the same issue along with some power window problems only with the door was open.

I pulled the rubber boot back and found a broken wire and another four or five that were rubbed through and shorting together. After fixing this I haven't had a single problem with the anti theft.

mitsuturbo

Sometimes simply wiggling the wires in the door hinge area will fix this. Of course, only temporarily. In order to fix this right, you have to pull the plug all the way through, and replace entire sections of wire. If you try soldering or splicing in the area where the wire is broken, it will fail in short order. You pretty much have to go from the pin in the plug to somewhere well inside the door with a new piece of wire.

galantrevolution

So i pull the door panel and check the connector behind the lock cylinder , clean the connections and it work for like a day , then it happen again, so maybe bad switch?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts