The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Antennas

Lancer99

Okay as some of you know I'm still dealing with this 1991 eclipse, anyways is came with a power antenna and which I found out it was rare for an Eclipse to come with a power antenna. Well I just need the mast part but when I look at jnztuning and some mitsu parts site theres two different masts one with a spoiler (which I have) and one with out. The one with out is 20 bucks but the one with the spoiler is 70 bucks...damn just for a mast. And the past week I've been on a search for one in the local junk yard for a eclipse or older mitsu like a diamante but no luck. So is there really any difference between the spoiler and non spoiler one?

Diego

I believe the real difference is in height/length.

Ones for the winged vehicles will have a longer mast for the sake of the difference in height of the wing.
Ones without a wing will be shorter, because there is no extra length needed as there is no wing.

Diego

Lancer99

I didn't even think about the length size. I don't think it'll be a huge different in lengths would it? Like only a couple inches at the most?

Diego

It will end up being enough to matter in size, if you opt out and get the "wingless one" you will most likely end up not being able to put the nut on the mast to keep it secure...

Bite the bullet my friend.

Diego

Lancer99

Isn't the mast just the part that goes up and down not the steel tube. Like I said all i need is the mast part not the tube, I thought it be sold separately?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The mast is the steel tube with the plastic part that inserts into the motor. Comes together.

Lancer99

O got ya. I thought all this time it was two separate pieces. That explains why the other piece wouldn't come out.

turbohf

mine is broken, and i dont care... is there a cap or block off plate for it?

Diego

^ You can purchase antennae delete or wing delete plugs...

turbohf

there like an OEM option/part? or just random body plugs? on my CRX i bought an OEM antenna blockoff, its obviously a different style all together.

kama1

i once used a random body plug on mine plus a dab of sealant

mr.mitsu

+1 on random body plug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I found one in my bin of misc parts. Maybe pep boys or parts plus???

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts