The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another oil question.

Terry Posten

Would there be any benefit of running Mobile One turbo diesel oil in our car instead of the regular Mobile One? It comes in 40w and that is what I want to run.

Whoodoo

Whats the difference? I know motorcycles need oil without any chemical additives so the clutch wont fry, but I didn't know turbodiesels were on a restricted diet.

Terry Posten

Whoodoo

If it's engineered specifically for use in diesels maybe it won't hold up quite as well for the higher revving (and faster moving) 4g63. It really didn't say anything like 'don't use this in anything but a diesel' so you might as well have a go.

vtecds1

Lets keep this topic going...My neighbor told me that one of his clients has been running diesel oil on all his cars. I can't remember specifically what they were, but their mileage were between 300-600k miles. Anyone care to explain the big difference with the oil and why you would think it might work better.

G

Staff member
Answer here > click Your probably better off with this > click I have heard of filter clogging with diesel oil in non diesel motors due to metal contents in oil also increasing discharge pressure.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
As shown on G's post, you have to make sure it has the proper S* rating for gasoline engines.

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting vtecds1:
Lets keep this topic going...My neighbor told me that one of his clients has been running diesel oil on all his cars. I can't remember specifically what they were, but their mileage were between 300-600k miles. Anyone care to explain the big difference with the oil and why you would think it might work better.

Your neighbor is probably running Dello 400. It works very well in older cars, high detergent level to keep things clean & has the proper additives to keep seals soft. I run this in my boat motors.

donniekak

The quick rundown is this. Gasoline motor oils have had most of the good antiwear additives removed from them due to emission requirements. Diesel oils, such as rotella t t6 still have plenty of detergents, and antiwear additives due to different emission requirements. Go to bobistheoilguy, and read up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts