The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AMG-tuned Mitsubishi Galant article - the "holy grail"

Ludachris

Administrator

gvr4ever

I've heard rumors that some of the spare leather seats made it to the US Galant VR4 and I thought a few claimed to have AMG stamped in the foam under the back seat. Mine doesn't. Can anyone confirm? I know I've been in a few Galant VR4s that seem to have thicker nicer leather than mine.

I've heard rumors that some of the spare leather seats made it to the US Galant VR4 and I thought a few claimed to have AMG stamped in the foam under the back seat. Mine doesn't. Can anyone confirm? I know I've been in a few Galant VR4s that seem to have thicker nicer leather than mine.
My rear seats have AMG stamped (more of a molding imprint) into the foam underneath.

gvr4ever

My rear seats have AMG stamped (more of a molding imprint) into the foam underneath.
Nice. Post a pic if you can. I wonder if they were 91s only, till they ran out of stock. Molded is the correct wording, not stamped.

Last edited:

BpuVR4

GVR4 fans will be quick to point out these are technically not DSM models as they were manufactured in Japan and shipped to the States, as opposed to the first generation Eclipse/Talon/Laser co-manufactured with Chrysler.

you know they did their homework when this was included.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts