The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternator

Quote:
Id rather have the lifetime warranty.

f*** the lifetime warranty. That just gives you a lifetime of having to spend quality time changing it in the snow or the dark in a parking lot every 6 months. I'd rather have one that actually lasts for a significant period of time and no warranty.
Mike R.

spoulson

Quoting mj_rosenfeld:
f*** the lifetime warranty. That just gives you a lifetime of having to spend quality time changing it in the snow or the dark in a parking lot every 6 months. I'd rather have one that actually lasts for a significant period of time and no warranty.

"I can take a crap in a box and mark it with a guarantee, and still all you got's a guaranteed piece of *&^%!"

Terry Posten

I disagree, I had an alt rebuilt by the best in town. It lasted 4 months and the regulator took a sh*t and was running at 18 volts.

Only had a 90 day warrentee.

Simple truth is that these units ARE NOT designed to handle the temp that the turbo pumps out.

So now I get a new one every year or so for free.

G

Staff member
I'm still on my stock 90 amper. > click I have sourced the denso unit for a few guys here & none of them have burned up yet. Maybe a handful of them in the last 4 years or so.

Last edited:

JB

^how much for those G?

dsmer06

Quoting Brianawd:
Quote:
Get an OEM one if you're tired of replacing them. click

You can't. Mitsu does not sell the replacement 90amp alternator any more. All you can get is a 75amp 1g and those ones are all reman factory alternator. Mitsu does not sell brand new never used alternators for our cars any more

90 amp Mach V seems to still carry them, but I don't know for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts