The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternatives for Power Steering Lines

BoostedAWD91

I am putting power steering back in my 1G and i lost all my power steering lines except for the one that bolts to the top of the pump. My first question is there anywhere i can get replacement lines besides getting used ones from another car? Second question, is it be possible to shorten or reroute the lines that go behind the radiator if i had some made? Im not sure if they need to be that length for cooling. Basically i don't have much room between my intercooler and radiator to squeeze hard lines behind so was seeing if there was any alternatives.

GSTwithPSI

A hydraulic hose shop could probably make you some lines, but it won't be cheap even if they can even make them at all.

I deleted my PS cooler in favor of a FMIC. You can do this fairly easily by looping the lines. It's one of those things I would keep if I could, but if not deleting it won't hurt anything.

pot

Staff member
Quoting GSTwithPSI:
A hydraulic hose shop could probably make you some lines, but it won't be cheap even if they can even make them at all.

+1 w/ what Brett said. Any shop worth their salt will accept your AN fittings (or have them on hand) and make your lines on the spot in either rubber or braided stainless.

BoostedAWD91

would braided line be able to handle the pressure or would i need to get the teflon coated line and is a cooler really even needed? Also does anyone have a diagram one which line goes where? I can't remember and don't have my manual.

Last edited:

Spyke169

For what goes where, download CAPS click

How much room do you have between the radiator and intercooler? You could look into a small tube and fin transmission cooler if you have enough room and want to still have a PS cooler.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned