The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show -- August 25, 2013 -- Rogers, MN

Curt

cookout2013-1.jpg

Plans are underway for the 2013 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show. This is a once a year event for all Mitsu enthusiasts from around the region. Last year we had 190 Mitsus on display! Once again we will be doing the show at the Rogers Middle School, in Rogers, MN. The event runs from 11am to 4pm, on Sunday, August 25th, 2013.

The absolute worse thing to do is miss it. Then you'll just find yourself battered and bruised from kicking yourself when you see all the pictures. :)

Complete details and links to pictures are at: click

The Facebook event page can be found at: click

See ya there,
Curt

Curt

I was messing around with one of the panorama pics from the Cookout last year. Did some editing to it. Here it is:

p1000075_stitch-small.jpg

So don't forget to get officially signed up here: click

And join us on the Facebook page at: click

later,
Curt

Curt

Big thanks to White Bear Mitsubishi for being a main sponsor again for the All Mitsu Cookout!!! I appreciate it.

If there are any other companies interested in being a sponsor, let me know!

Thanks,
Curt

Curt

We have 48 cars officially signed up for the 2013 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show! What are you waiting for? The sign up list is at:
click

The official sign up page is at: click

You can also join the Facebook discussion at: click

Don't you want to be in this picture for next year:
p1000052-1.jpg

minneSNOWta

Hopefully I can get the car to the cookout this year.

Curt

Looks like we have 52 cars signed up now:
click

In about three weeks I'll finalize the categories for the Cookout. Based on what is out there right now, I'd have to consolidated the 3/Ses into one class and also 1G and 2G DSMs would have to be consolidated. So get signed up!

later,
Curt

Curt

Hey everyone,

We are up to 67 sign ups so far. We are about 25 or so behind last year's pace. Time to get signed up if you aren't on this list:
click

The official sign up page is at: click

I want to keep all the same classes we had for last year's show!

later,
Curt

Curt

Looks like we've had a lot of sign ups in the last couple of days. We are up to 81. Looking good.

If you are interested in learning a little about the history of the All Mitsu Cookout, a few years ago, Gearbox Magazine did a nice article about the All Mitsu Cookout and some of the other car things I do. The article is at:
click

The Cookout is only a month away now!

later,
Curt

Curt

We've had a great group of sign ups in the last week. We are at 89 sign ups now. The current list is at:
click

Now would be a good time to look at the list. If your Mitsu friends aren't on it, start bugging them. Send them an email, text, facebook invite, or pick up the phone. They need a virtual slap in the face. :)

I'll probably finalized the car show categories in another week or two. And you now have less than four weeks to get those car projects done!

later,
Curt

Curt

Hey everyone,

We are up to 104 cars signed up. Here is the breakdown of some of the cars:

17 3/Ses
26 DSMs
18 EVOs
10 3Gs
10 4Gs
5 StarQuests

The 3/Ses and StarQuests are really dragging behind this year!

Also, the price of the Cookout will be $6 this year. This includes you, your car, and all you can eat! Each additional person will be $6 to eat. The lack of sponsors and food prices are forcing me to raise the price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks,
Curt

Curt

Just updated the sign up list. We have 111 signed up: click

I'll be finalizing categories this week. We only have 5 Starquests signed up. Need three more or I'm gonna have to lump them in with the "other" category.

Time to start thinking about your car sign. To save time at the Cookout, you can download and fill out your car sign before the show. Just fill out everything except the car number. You'll get that at the show. Its hard to remember your mod list when you are sitting at the registration table. So do it early. Here is a link to a blank car sign:
click

Here is an example sign to look at:
click

later,
Curt

GSX_TC

Quoting Curt:
Hey everyone,

We are up to 104 cars signed up. Here is the breakdown of some of the cars:

17 3/Ses
26 DSMs
18 EVOs
10 3Gs
10 4Gs
5 StarQuests

The 3/Ses and StarQuests are really dragging behind this year!

Also, the price of the Cookout will be $6 this year. This includes you, your car, and all you can eat! Each additional person will be $6 to eat. The lack of sponsors and food prices are forcing me to raise the price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks,
Curt

Not any Galant VR4's at all?

GSX_TC

Wish I could see 808 in person. Love that car and it's beyonce' hips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Curt

So far there is only one Galant VR4 signed up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Curt

Only 6 more days until the Cookout. We are up to 130 signups: click

It is not too late to get signed up and come join us for an afternoon of Mitsu fun. The All Mitsu Cookout is coming up on Sunday, the 25th. We'll have some great prizes, plenty of food, and some fun stuff like the Mitsu trivia contest, and the slow drags.

Here are some reminders:

1) Sign-up online. The page is at:
click

2) Fill out your car sign ahead of time. It saves a lot of time in the registration line. Download the sign at:
click

And my example sign can be found here:
click

3) Bring some lawn chairs for hanging out and bring your appetite! We'll have plenty of food.

Also, if you are just coming to spectate, there is a separate spectator lot on the back side of the school. So don't turn at the stop light at the school. Go past that and take your next right and go behind the school. The lot behind the school is for spectators. The front lot is for participants. Here is a map of the school:
click

We will also be doing the slow drags again. It’s going for about 50 feet as slow as possible, without stopping. We'll have a trophy for the winner. It is a lot of fun.

See ya soon,
Curt

Curt

The All Mitsu Cookout is almost here! The fun starts at 11am on Sunday! Get those cars shined up!

We have 141 cars signed up so far. Its not too late to sign up. Just go to: click But do it soon. I'll probably be making the spreadsheet for the registration tent tomorrow.

Once again we have a ton of prizes to give away. A few big items from Corporate Mitsubishi. Plus a ton of prizes donated from Advance Auto Parts! Thanks!

So we have tons of food, great cars to look at, awesome prizes, the Mitsu trivia contest, and the slow drags all happening on Sunday afternoon. Why would you miss a chance to hang out with your fellow Mitsu nuts?

One last reminder. The event is at a public school. There is no smoking on school property. If you have to smoke, you'll have to walk out to the road.

See ya soon,
Curt

Curt

I know I'm a little behind on getting the pictures and results from the All Mitsu Cookout online, but I'm all done now.

Thanks to our main sponsor White Bear Mitsubishi. And thanks to Steve from Advance Auto Parts for donating a bunch of prizes. Also, thanks to all the hard working volunteers that make the Cookout happen. We had some very hot weather on August 25th, and our attendance suffered. We had 118 cars registered and about 130 Mitsus there overall.

All the pictures and results can be found here:
click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts